"ODBC Bind Timestamp as Date" where has it gone ?

From: vossi <nospam0601_at_kamps-it.de>
Date: 13 Jan 2006 02:32:07 -0800

hello everyboby,

can anybody help me with the following issue ? i administer a Terminal Server that we are migrating to W2K3. Now a days the Terminam Server is running NT with Orcal 9 Client and ODBC 9.2.06 with is O.K.

The Problem : the new box is running W2K3 with Oracle 10 client. and Odbc 10.1.0.2.0.
We use a Access Aplication with stores the Data on Oracle. in the Old Box the ODBC has the possibility to set an Option unter Workarounds called " bind Timestamp as Date". In the new Box i canīt find this Option.

This Option has big impact on the Performance. The Special Query the Access App. uses takes without the Option nealy 60 Sec. and with this Option set i take less than 1 Sec. Ive talked to the Developer, and he told me, that this Option enables the Database to put the Date / Time fild into an Index, with makes this Query so fast.

Is there a way get this behavior for the 10.X ODBC. I really donīt like to talk to the Developer to tell him, that he should update DB structures, or to chnage format of colums in the Database.

Any help is welcome !

Reiner Received on Fri Jan 13 2006 - 04:32:07 CST