Re: oracle database and mac os x for intel

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:09:29 -0800

hpuxrac wrote:

> One way to measure that might include questions such as how long has
> oracle been supporting the platform, how timely are patches and
> patchsets provided on the platform, and how timely does oracle deliver
> production versions of new releases.
>
> But maybe items like that don't factor into your value universe?

I understand you have a need to be combative so I should probably just ignore this but applying your logic to the field of IT is pretty much a statement that we should still be doing all of our computing on IBM mainframes and Apollo terminals.

Every decision we make in IT has to be weighed against an obsolescence measured in months to a few years. What is the best option yesterday is not the best option today. And likely won't be the best option in a year. Does that mean we should "stay the course" forever?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org