Re: oracle database and mac os x for intel

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 12 Jan 2006 07:01:06 -0800

DA Morgan wrote:

> >> ...and what would that be exactly?
> >

> > Well if value is based on price then it's valuable!
>
> Where I come from it is based on ROI and TCO. Price being only one
> factor in the calculation.

Let's not leave out how well supported by oracle certain platforms are.

Where I come from a large part of your value evaporates if vendors are having issues delivering support on a timely basis.

One way to measure that might include questions such as how long has oracle been supporting the platform, how timely are patches and patchsets provided on the platform, and how timely does oracle deliver production versions of new releases.

But maybe items like that don't factor into your value universe? Received on Thu Jan 12 2006 - 09:01:06 CST