Re: listner problem

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_arcor.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:11:17 +0100

Pradeep schrieb:

>>>The same error means ORA-01031 ? -> Yes
>>>Then, did you restarted instance after you changed init.ora ? -> How do I restart? I just tried to connect.
>>>Does the password file exists for this instance ?  -> yes, and the passwd is connect_on_install
>>>Are you local on the database server or accessing it remote? ->  local database server
>>>Can you connect as non sysdba user (scott/tiger, system/manager etc.) ? -> i tried the following

> SQL> connect scott/tiger
> ERROR:
> ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination
>
> SQL> connect scott/tiger_at_orcl
> ERROR:
> ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
>

>>>Can you connect without password "/ as sysdba" if you set

> sqlnet.authentication_services = (NTS) ? -> i get the below error
> SQL> connect / as sysdba
> ERROR:
> ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination
> SQL> connect /@orcl as sysdba
> ERROR:
> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
>
> I was reading http://home.clara.net/dwotton/dba/ora1031.htm which
> states that you need to be part of ORA_DBA group for OS authentication,
> i don't have this group in my Win 2K
>
> Thanks

I can't point you to the appropriate documentation for your Oracle Release , but it should not be much different regarding oradim utility: http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/win.920/a95491/create.htm#1006534 Then i would recommend to check whether oracle instance and listener are running
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/win.920/a95491/admin.htm#1007964 and try to troubleshoout your connection problems Then you can try again with os authentication.

Best regards

Maxim Received on Thu Jan 12 2006 - 05:11:17 CST