ldap (oid) name resolution security !

From: <zejeanmi_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Jan 2006 01:25:40 -0800

Hello,

We will switch our name resolution service from ONAMES to LDAP (oid) soon.

With the ldapsearch utility (or with any ldap browser), anyone can connect anonymously to oid and execute a ldap query like this : ldapsearch -h host -p port -b "...." "cn=*" and retrieve all the databases entries (machine, port, instance name, alias) !!!
I think this is a bit dangerous.

Is there a solution ?

Thanks in advance

Jean-Michel

PS : thanks to the people who helped me in my "dump ldap to tnsnames" question, we finally solved the problem with a little java program. Received on Thu Jan 12 2006 - 03:25:40 CST