Re: oracle database and mac os x for intel

From: maxim2k <maxim2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:27:08 +0100

On 11-01-2006 0:54, DA Morgan wrote:
> AFAIK it will not.

If that's true, that's very bad news for me, a MacBook will be useless to me if I cannot run Oracle Database on it ...

I don't mind if it's slower (since it's for development), as long as it runs though Rosetta ...

Any ETA on a native relase from Oracle for Mac OS X for Intel?

> You can of course run a generic Oracle-Linux installation if you don't
> use the Mac OS but then you lose much of what makes the Mac a valuable
> piece of hardware.

That won't work for me, I used Windows and Linux in the past, but Mac OS X is much more productive for me.

Thanks. Received on Wed Jan 11 2006 - 05:27:08 CST