Re: SQL not working in 10g Release 2

From: Balamurali <bmuralir_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Jan 2006 02:36:00 -0800

Hi Jonathan Lewis,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, col1 and column1 are VARCHAR2(10).

I have tried using outlines since the Schema user is able to execute the SQL query. But the outline was not used by the othere user-id.

I create the outline in the schema user using

create or replace outline cu_1
on SELECT....

Then I logged in as a different user and executed this statement before running the same SQL query

alter session set use_stored_outlines=true;

Still when i run the query it is not using the outline. Do I have to grant any privilege?

Should I use outline in this case?

Is there anything else I should check?

Please reply.
Regards,
R. Balamurali Received on Wed Jan 11 2006 - 04:36:00 CST