Trying to script the shutdown of a secured 8i listener

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2006 15:40:46 -0800

Hi, all.

I am running 8i on AIX.

I have a listener which I've recently secured with a password.

I have shell scripts which I use to shut down the database and listener for cold backups and the like.

These now fail because of the password.

I have tried various ways to embed the password and run lsnrctl's 'set password' command within the script, but none of them work. I've tried:

set password pass; stop

set password 'pass'; stop

etc.

I also tried making an external script, containing

set password
pass
stop

and running 'lsnrctl @stoplistener.scr'

This fails as well. "The listener has not recognized the password"

Is there any way to embed passwords so that protected listeners can be shut down by scripts? I have seen two other posts in the group asking exactly the same question - no response to either...

Thanks!!

BD Received on Tue Jan 10 2006 - 17:40:46 CST