Re: TNS-12505 entries in listener.log 9.2.0.6/HP-UX

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 10 Jan 2006 08:18:38 GMT

PK <pk26au_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> In our servers there are multiple entries with entries of the following
> kind:
> 10-JAN-2006 09:07:03 *
> (CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ORCL)(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=__jdbc__)(USER=oracle))) *
> (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=127.0.0.
> 1)(PORT=55902)) * establish * ORCL * 12505
> TNS-12505: TNS:listener could not resolve SID given in connect
> descriptor
>
> These entries are happening every 4 or 5 seconds and the listener.log
> is increasing heavily in size. What is the best possible way of tracing
> back where these requests are coming from ?
>
> Version we are using is 9.2.0.6 on HP-UX (PA-RISC) 11.11.
>
> I have ruled out Grid Control, Intelligent agent as culprits as these
> entries continue even after stopping those agents.
>
> Any ideas ?

Some program on localhost starts regularly and tries to connect to database ORCL. The problem is to find out what program it is and why it is started.

It looks like the program might be a Java program - does that help in narrowing down the problem?

Also, since you say that it starts every 4 or 5 seconds, you could examine crontabs and /etc/inittab, since crond and init are the usual programs to automatically start tasks.

Maybe you can also catch the process by doing several 'ps -ef' in a row.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Tue Jan 10 2006 - 02:18:38 CST