List of tablespaces available for the current user

From: <weboweb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Jan 2006 13:02:19 -0800

Hello everybody,

I'm no Oracle expert, not even newbie level :-) I just need to know if it is possible at all to obtain the list of tablespaces for the logged-in user.

For example, after I log in to the SQL Plus console and type a command such as

SELECT * FROM DBA_TABLESPACES (or whatever sys table has that information)

I get table does not exist, obviously because I do not have admin priviledges.
So how can I then find out the tablespaces my login credentials grant me access to?
By tablespaces I mean "databases" coming from SQL server world. So If my login credentials allow me access to tablespace DATABASE1 and DATABASE2, I would like to get such list somehow from some system table.

Is this possible without admin rights?

Thanks all!

webO Received on Mon Jan 09 2006 - 15:02:19 CST