Re: Which Linux?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 20:31:55 +0100

hpuxrac wrote:
> Frank van Bortel wrote:
>

> Frank does have a good point but White Box Linux is getting somewhat
> dated. Centos is now the most supported Red Hat clone.

White Box 4 was released in May last year, equivalent of RHAS 4.

> Centos 4.2 should be the best choice for 10.2.
>

>>Just read the Oracle installation as if it were Red Hat Advanced
>>Server (RHAS). I recommend the version 3 of WBL (a.k.a. RHAS 3).

> Disagree see above. Excellent install articles also available at
> Jeffrey Hunter's website www.idevelopment.info .

Agree to some extend - that should have been WB 4 for 10.2 - apologies.

Don't know Centos, so I cannot comment of that; never felt the urge to try 16 different Linuxes; Oracle is enough challenge as it is.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...