Re: Instant Client ODBC

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_arcor.de>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 12:40:38 +0100

rfd_at_outb.com schrieb:
> I'm using Windows XP. I want to connect to a remote Oracle 10g
> database. I have installed the Instant Client 10.2.0.1.0 Basic Lite and
> the ODBC package. The directory is included in the PATH and ORACLE_HOME
> is set to that same directory. The ODBC package includes a file
> odbc_install.exe. When I run that file I get the error message "Could't
> find Oracle Instant Client in present directory." Here is the contents
> of the directory:
>
> classes12.jar
> glogin.sql
> oci.dll
> ocijdbc10.dll
> ociw32.dll
> ODBCRelnotesJA.htm
> ODBCRelnotesUS.htm
> ODBC_IC_Readme_Win.html
> odbc_install.exe
> odbc_uninstall.exe
> ojdbc14.jar
> orannzsbb10.dll
> oraocci10.dll
> oraociicus10.dll
> Orasqlplusic10.dll
> sqlplus.exe
> sqora.chm
> sqora32.dll
> sqoraja.chm
> sqoras32.dll
> sqresja.dll
> sqresus.dll
>
> I can connect to the remote database using TOAD for Oracle from Quest
> Software but want to use MS Access to front-end the database for
> economic reasons.
>
> Can anyone tell me why odbc_install.exe fails in this manner?

In the ODBC_IC_Readme_Win.html is stated, that you have to install instant client basic (not instant client basic lite) package. You should also ensure to have mfc71.dll and msvcrt.dll in your PATH as well set TNS_ADMIN to your instant client directory.

Best regards

Maxim Received on Mon Jan 09 2006 - 05:40:38 CST