Re: new oracle user

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 20:36:00 +0100

tonz wrote:
> thank u very much
>
> i would like to know how to edit a procedure

Do you have the source already?
If you have, simply change it; every first line of your could could read:

create or replace procedure my_proc

Mind you, I'm not telling you that it *should* read create or replace....

Some sites prefer to leave the 'or replace' bit out in order not to change existing procedures, but just add new ones.
This is not relevant in your case, though.

If you do not have the source available, and need to change existing procedures, you could do:

set linesize 240 pagesize 0 heading off
spool my_proc.sql
select text
from user_text
where name='MY_PROC'
and type='PROCEDURE'
order by line asc;
spool off

Then, edit the file my_proc.sql: make sure to cut the first lines, and the last one - they contain what you typed in, and do not belong to the actual procedure.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...