Re: How does orcale determine whether a row is committed.

From: Daniel Fink <danielwfink_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Jan 2006 09:03:03 -0800

You are essentially correct. It becomes more complicated when the reader has to generate a read consistent version of the block, but that still follows the same basic logic.

I learned this in the Oracle Data Server Internals seminar. I am sure it is published somewhere on the web and perhaps in Steve Adams' book on Internals, though I don't have my copy handy to verify.

Cheers,
Dan Received on Fri Jan 06 2006 - 11:03:03 CST