Re: Certified Hardware?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 5 Jan 2006 09:09:30 -0800

Niall Litchfield wrote:
> DA Morgan wrote:
> > hpuxrac wrote:
> > > # DA Morgan wrote:
> > >
> > > #> I would suggest that you seriously consider all of the major
> > > #> hardware vendors:
> > > #>
> > > #> Apple
> > >
> > > Did I sleep in way too much?
> > >
> > > I thought it was January 4th not April 1st!
> >
> > Oracle Corp. in Redwood Shores hass implementing Apple hardware
> > on all of its internal Collab Suite applications.

> The published information on that, though, suggests that it was the
> RAID hardware that they used for data storage and then only for the
> low-cost storage project rather than high performance database disks
> rather than the server hardware and OS that Oracle bought
> ((http://images.apple.com/server/resources/oracle/images/oracle02092005.pdf)
> ). Collaboration Suite isn't available for the apple OS incidentally.

Oracle recently announced that sun/solaris is the current development reference platform.

That announcement along with the lack of a 10.2 release ( so far anyway ) on Apple certainly will make many people wonder about how committed oracle is to Apple.

But let's not let facts get in the way of hyperbole! Received on Thu Jan 05 2006 - 11:09:30 CST