Re: Transaction rate question

From: Andrew Allen <andrew.allen-contr_at_trw.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:06:09 GMT

Sylvestre wrote:
> Hello
>
> Before auditing a database I need to know the
> transaction rate, how I can compute it
> from the dictionary ?
>
> Thank you

You can estimate change (transaction) rate by examining v$archived_log with something like

SELECT sequence#,

        first_change#,
        next_change#,
        next_change#-first_change# as change_cnt,
        first_time,
        next_time,
        (next_time-first_time)*1440 as change_min,
        (next_change#-first_change#)/((next_time-first_time)*1440) as
changes_per_min

   FROM v$archived_log
  ORDER
     BY sequence#
/

you may wish to set nls_date_format so you can see the whole of first_time and next_time

Andrew Received on Thu Jan 05 2006 - 10:06:09 CST