Re: Who is Andrea?

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 02:18:45 GMT

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 15:40:03 -0800, Joel Garry wrote:

> Anybody else see anything strange at
> http://www.oracle.com/search/advsearch.html ?
> I'm seeing "Welcome Andrea Wendland." Found in a search for a
> technical term on the oracle.com site, listed in results with a date
> from 2002.
>
> I wonder if repetitive requests can keep a zombie page cached in
> Portal?

Doesn't look to me like it's related to Portal.

A couple of hints in the source imply that it's an old version and probably a stray page. (www-stage.us.oracle.com was the common stage mechanism for oracle.com many moons ago. Not sure whether that's still true.)

I've searched the www.oracle.com and can't find a clean reference link to that page - there is a completely new advanced saearch page that I keep seeing. It almost seems like it was orphaned in the process of a recent site upgrade and the only thing WebCache can find to deliver that request is the backup of the old assembled page. I can't even get all images to show.

Just a thought, though.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com