Re: Problems with OR in Oracle 8i

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 4 Jan 2006 14:18:43 -0800

Comments embedded.
Dan Dubinsky wrote:

> I guess Oracle developers didn't use "OR" before 1995.

A poor guess, indeed.

> Also FYI: The version of: Oracle is "Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release
> 8.1.7.0.0 - Production".

And if you will check Metalink you'll likely find the 8.1.7.4 patchset addressed this issue with the optimiser. I would contact the vendor about applying that patch to your system and its effect on your support agreement.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Jan 04 2006 - 16:18:43 CST