Re: tnslistner

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Jan 2006 11:51:26 -0800

>The tnslstnr service is crashing every 3-5 min. What it can be?

Do you have the dbconsole service(s) running?

We found that with dbconsole running, the listener crashed repeatedly. This was 10gR2, but it was on 2k3 Enterprise.

FYI, You can't run OEM without that service running. This is just the workaround that we found.

I know that stopping a service is not a solution, but I believe that this is just a symptom of relative instability of using Oracle on a Windows platform. I could go on and on about that, but it wouldn't help with your problem. ;) Received on Wed Jan 04 2006 - 13:51:26 CST