Re: Ora-24777 Error in Dedicated Mode

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 4 Jan 2006 07:43:50 -0800

The errors says some connection started its life under shared server so either the database was not bounced so all the connections would have to be created as dedicated, all the shared server features were not shut off, or perhaps the listener was configured to create a shared server session then a call was made to the remote db.

We have run dedicated from 6.0.36 through 10g R1 and we have not seen this problem so I suspect the problem has to do with your configuration rather than a bug, but it could be a 9.2.0.7 specific issue. We only have 9.2.0.6.

Good luck
-- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Jan 04 2006 - 09:43:50 CST