Re: The charter for this newsgroup

From: <bbulsara23_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Jan 2006 05:03:58 -0800

Joel Garry wrote:

> 2nd request: Why do you think the charter says this?

Joel, missed your first post. My apologies for the delay in replying.

You are right. The charter you put together (and thank you very much for the effort) for cdos says nothing about top, bottom, interleaved posting styles.

http://members.cox.net/oracleunix/ORACLECH.HTM

I revisited this page months back and, from memory, recall something along the lines of "folks in this group don't like top-posting". The modification timestamp
(http://members.cox.net/oracleunix/readme-cdos.htm) says "last updated May 28, 2005". Possibly the quote was removed or I am thinking of a different charter for a different newsgroup. It's not there now anyway.

So here's a revised question:.

Q. Should top, bottom, or interleaved posting to cdos be the posters preference or the consensus preference of people that read this newsgroup?

I think if the answer to the question above is the latter then we should discuss revising the charter. If the consensus is that we leave the charter as it is, then the constrant stream of posts made to ask people to stop top posting (and containing little other content) have little validity and should cease.

Comments anyone.

Regards
Barry Received on Wed Jan 04 2006 - 07:03:58 CST