Re: Ora-24777 Error in Dedicated Mode

From: Thiru <WantedToBeDBA_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Jan 2006 22:47:01 -0800

Sorry for a mistake and Thanks Mark..

   The configuration shown above is Shared. Due to Ora-00104 error, we switch to Dedicated Mode(we have commented out the DISPATCHER and SHARED Mode related parameters). But after that the application is not working and we are getting Ora-24777 error. So, we have reverted back to Shared mode and also we have increased the MAX_SHARED_SERVER to 100 now as the temporary fix.

  1. I want to Know why Ora-24777 error is Dedicated mode even though Oracle claims that Dedicated and Shared are just configuration and it is internal to its own working.
  2. When i try to google about the same, most the some are saying like
    "Switch to Shared mode" or some claiming that as an oracle Bug.

"a shared server connection is by design "slower" than a dedicated
server (more stuff goes on, more complex) it is most likely only getting in the way", an comment by Kyte, Vice president, Oracle Corp.

Regards,
WantedToBeDBA. Received on Wed Jan 04 2006 - 00:47:01 CST