Question about "Upgrade catalog"

From: Forte Agent <robertch_at_newscat.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 18:45:16 -0500

We have a 10.1.0.3 database that is used as RMAN catalog for a whole bunch of 9.2.0.x and 10.1.0.x databases.

Lets say i have a 9.2.0.4 database that i have just upgraded to 10.1.0.3. I understand that I need to run "upgrade catalog" in RMAN after upgrading databases. But what happens to other 9.2.0.x databases that are using the same RMAN catalog? Would it impact other databases? Or does "Upgrade catalog" command affect only the currently connected target database, never affectng other databaes that are sharing the same RMAN catalog? Thank you in advance. Received on Tue Jan 03 2006 - 17:45:16 CST