Re: ORCL NEWBIE.. INSTALLATION HELP!

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 17:34:24 -0800

boralioglu_at_gmail.com wrote:

> is it the cause of my mere ignorance or anything? i would be glad for
> getting any help.
>
> ps:also a step by step install how-to will a favor. thanks

You may want to try the Express Edition - it has a much simpler install than the other editions. See
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/xe/index.html

There is a full install tutorial for the Express Edition at http://st-curriculum.oracle.com/tutorial/DBXETutorial/index.htm

It als includes basic management tasks in the tutorial as well

You may want to uninstall the current edition that you have installed before you install the Express Edition Received on Fri Dec 30 2005 - 19:34:24 CST