ORCL NEWBIE.. INSTALLATION HELP!

From: <boralioglu_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 Dec 2005 14:35:07 -0800

hello all..

i am new at oracle. i have some experience in mysql but this oracle is over my knowledge and i am stuck. my conf is: pentium 4 2.6 ghz and 256ddr ram.

firstly, will i be able to finish install process without any error using 256 ram?

i install db. give a random SID. (any problem?) then while creating the db it gives ORA-12560 error. i check the tnsnames.ora and read the actual sid then enter it .but no way.

and also i got an error message after the db creation (i click ignore when ORA-12560 appeared and done) it says job_queue_processes must be equal or greater than 1)

is it the cause of my mere ignorance or anything? i would be glad for getting any help.

ps:also a step by step install how-to will a favor. thanks Received on Fri Dec 30 2005 - 16:35:07 CST