Re: another way

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:32:38 -0800

<birarai_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> The main problem is converting data from a relational format such as a
> web service to object orientated programming languages such as java.
> The data is then mapped to objects and then mapped back to relational
> format to be inserted into a database. The constant object-relation
> data mapping is very computationaly expensive.
>
> Bira Rai
>
> birarai

Hmm, maybe the problem (god forbid I actually suggest this) is with the Java programming not the relational model. The data in the database will live much longer than any Java application. There are other languages etc. out there that will access the same data so Java is just a limited special case. Being too Java centric just makes your life harder.

So what you are trying to say is that the problem you are trying to solve is the problem with the language you chose. Jim Received on Thu Dec 29 2005 - 21:32:38 CST