Re: File transfer through the database

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 20:19:54 +0100

Eric de Redelijkheid wrote:
> Anno Domini 24-12-2005 12:33, Frank van Bortel sprak aldus:
>
> The problem I still have is: how do I make this BFILE feed to the client
> in MS Word?
>
> Is there a way for instance in Forms (6i by the way; not 6) to fetch the
> BFILE field and automaticly start MS Word as you would by doubleclicking
> on a RTF-file in explorer or by giving the command "start document.rtf"
> on the Windows command line? Example code would be helpfull. I have a
> hard time finding any usefull documentation.

Sorry, I was referring to http, not Forms. Your explorer must have set me off...
Forms is very, very rusty on this side, but there is a Windows library you can load and use to "connect" forms to windows. Iirc, something with DDL; maybe the forms users can help out here?

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...