rman duplicate create controlfile fails

From: prunoki <hegyvari_at_ardents.hu>
Date: 28 Dec 2005 02:50:16 -0800

Hello,

I have a problem when trying to duplicate a database using rman. Ora 8.1.7.4 on Win2000.

After that I tried the following:

What I also noticed is that if I start up the database nomount, create the control files, alter database dismount, and try to create controlfile again, I get the same ora-01158, without using rman. I guess this is what surprises rman as well.

What is also interesting is that neither the first, nor the second create controlfile include any of the datafiles besides system. Shouldn't it?

Any ideas?

Hegyvari Krisztian Received on Wed Dec 28 2005 - 04:50:16 CST