Re: IF in PL/SQL-Block

From: Caja <carsten.jacobs_at_web.de>
Date: 28 Dec 2005 00:42:14 -0800

Hi Mark,

thank you for your detailed answer.

I helped my self now with a dynamic SQL-Statement which I execute (immediate) in the IF-block instead of the direct delete-statement. But I still do not understand why the block was always running into the yes branch.

Unfortunately I chose a bad tablename for my example. The original table has a name unlike any oracle keyword. I meant different databases in terms off differnt instances. It is a historical thing. I am working in a public transport company and each bus yard has its own instance and the all deliver their data via materialized views into a central database.

And there is one instance which has a specific table. The PL/SQL-Block is part of an ascci sql file. This file is startet from an application. This appliccation is connected to one of the different instances. There is a menu item which starts the sql-file in an x-term window and the user can just see the output like "PL/SQL successfully completet" or "7 rows deleted" and I don't want him to see ORA-#### because in just one of the instances the said table is not included.

That was the reason for all this.

Again, thanx for your answer
Greetings
Carsten Received on Wed Dec 28 2005 - 02:42:14 CST