Re: Ora-12505 TNS Listener not Found..Also it was working fine..

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 27 Dec 2005 22:09:44 -0800

Comments embedded.
Arijit Chatterjee wrote:
> Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> > On 27 Dec 2005 06:27:44 -0800, "Arijit Chatterjee"
> > <arijitchatterjee123_at_yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> >
> > >On that time I need to restart the Server.Then again it is fine.
> > >But it may come again 5-6 days after....
> > >What may be the prob..
> > >Can you please provide some light on this topic..
> > >If you need any more details plzz let me know..
> >
> > Of course you did only restart the listener didn't you? Or did you
> > really restart the server? That would be quite ridiculous.
> > And of course you did consult the listener.log prior to posting.
> > If so, what was the outcome?
> > And which version?
> > May I ask, why you just dump the error message here, when you are
> > quite aware what is required to get any sensible advice?
> >
> > --
> > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
>

> What wrong with you man? No where I am dumping my solution.

Apparently you have no solution, else you'd not be asking here. And, Sybrand is correct. You won't post any useful information, so you can't EXPECT useful replies.

> Yaah I know
> the probs that is why I asked for the more efficient solution. If you
> are not ready to share plzz don't waste the time..

You are the one wasting time, as you not only fail to produce further information on your problem, you REFUSE to do so.

> Plzz go ahead.. After
> becoming Senior DBA if you think you know all about Oracle and you can
> pull the other's leg..

Obviously the only person pulling anything in this exchange is you, and it isn't any bodily part. If you think, for one moment, that providing no information about a problem will produce a solution it's you who's deluded. You have two choices: provide useful data to allow us to HELP  you with your problem or provide THIS sort of drivel whereby you get nothing. A intelligent person would choose the former.

> then only one thing I can say you.. Go to hell..

And, since you've decided to bite the hands lending assistance, the same to you.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Dec 28 2005 - 00:09:44 CST