Re: Temp Tablespace Full

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 25 Dec 2005 10:40:29 -0800

Michael42 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In Oracle 9i I ran an operation that gathered statistics. It ran for
> several hours and I ended up having to break out of it. The result is
> that my TEMP tablespace is full (OEM shows it as full).
> Other than bouncing the database how can I have the TEMP tablespace
> clean itself up?

As long as new transactions can run that allocate space from temp ( try a query that does a big sort ) you probably don't have a problem.

But if you are gathering statistics ( and you really need all those statistics ... many people gather histogram data ( "for all indexed columns" ) that they don't need ) you will need enough space in temp to support that statistics gathering. Received on Sun Dec 25 2005 - 12:40:29 CST