Re: Oracle Licensing Question

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:41:26 -0800

Joel Garry wrote:

> If one of my cars breaks, I can put it up on blocks on my front lawn
> and not renew the licensing (though I have to pay a small non-op fee to
> avoid penalties when I do pay it - OK, my informed choice, the car may
> or may not ever get fixed).
>
> If it were Oracle licensing, I would have to give my license plates to
> Oracle to license my _other_ cars. That is a long way from perpetual
> licensing.

Another way to look at this - you are driving an un-registered car. The car has not been registered for 5 years. Today you are in an accident. Your insurance is void because the car is not registered. Do you now think you could now go to the DMV and pay for this years registration, and have your insurance now cover you ? Received on Fri Dec 23 2005 - 14:41:26 CST