Re: Simple Hardware solution for RAC testing

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 21 Dec 2005 13:41:25 -0800

DA Morgan wrote:
> sagyvolkov_at_gmail.com wrote:
> > Yes, but not oracle needs to see the device from both servers, that is
> > my concern.
> > One server will know "see" the disk array for sure, i just don't know
> > if the other server will be able to "see" and use the disk array, like
> > a normal cluster.
>
> NFS mount it and you should be Ok.

Mr. Morgan is way off target here.

Shared storage is storage that can be seen simultaneously and accessed simultaneously from both systems.

Let's see if we share it out via NFS from one system and have it mounted on the other ... the the primary system supplying it fails ... not a workable system. Received on Wed Dec 21 2005 - 15:41:25 CST