SQL*Plus 'copy' cmd: deal with rollbacks ?

From: Spendius <spendius_at_muchomail.com>
Date: 21 Dec 2005 07:55:22 -0800

Hi,
I'm afraid there's no way to really address rollback segment management when you use the COPY command of SQL*Plus, or I'm mistaken ?

You can deal with the amount of records copied before regularly committing when playing with ARRAYSIZE and COPYCOMMIT values, but can you *assign* a particular rollback to your remote before-image and a particular rollback on your destination DB each time you've committed (without having to create a huge rbs on each DB and off-lining the other regular undo segments) ?

I'd like to be able to manage my rollbacks use on both my source and destination DB's as easily as you can with the SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK... instruction, but that does not seem possible...

Thanks a lot. Received on Wed Dec 21 2005 - 09:55:22 CST