Re: NULLs

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 23:01:22 +0800

Andrew Clark wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an application whose database was recently upgraded from 7 to 9i. In
> a bit of code, columns are compared that may both be null. In Oracle 7,
> will two columns compare equal if they are both NULL? In 9i it seems that
> they do not and I have to change it to NVL(column1) = NVL(column2).
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

null = null never equated to true since I've been using oracle (6 and above)

hth
connor

--
Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"

web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat."