Re: Changing datafile size.

From: Syltrem <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:39:12 -0500

"hub" <hub_at_o2.pl> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have tablespace that consist of two datafiles. One is almost full,
> secondary is empty. I want to decrease size of the first file. Will
> Oracle automatically move data to the empty file?
>
> Thanks
> hub

Look at the problem the other way around, and which is less costly.

Decrease the size of file 2 which is empty. If that's a problem with available space on disk drives, it is easy to move (rename) file 1 to a different device with alter database rename file x as y.

HTH Syltrem Received on Wed Dec 21 2005 - 08:39:12 CST