Re: Parameters for configuring Dedicated Server

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Dec 2005 05:23:51 -0800

Thiru wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have little exposure to Oracle. I need a help. I found Oracle
> Server (9.2.0.4) running in Shared Server Mode(OS version AIX 5.2). I
> want to reconfigure this to Dedicated Server. (Not using
> Server=Dedicated in tnsnames.ora which is a workaround. Sorry if i am
> wrong). What are all the parameter that i have to unset or change to
> acheive this?
>
> Advance thanks for ur replies.
>
> Regards,
> WantedToBeDBA

Check the 'dispatachers' initialization parameter. Check 'queuesize' parameter in your listener.ora file. With those hints, I leave it to the student to research the details and implications.

 If I inherited a db that was accepting mts connections, I'd make d**** sure I did my homework on WHY it was configured this way before jumping into a change. I wouldn't go changing anything just because of some vague notion that it might be somehow better. Received on Wed Dec 21 2005 - 07:23:51 CST