Re: Oracle 10.2 R2 cluster ready software VIP problem

From: <f.nospamlangner_at_isam-ag.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 18:35:49 +0100

hpuxrac wrote:
> I think sometimes people have gotten around problems like this by
> running vipca on the other node.

Nice tip. Tried the command but with same bad result.

> Yes there should be a bunch of support information from oracle
> available in metalink in this area.

sorry, I don't have access to metalink

> Are you using DNS for the network lookup? Static ip addresses or DHCP?
> You can put the host and network information in a host file entry.

tried both: only hosts file, or dns server for puplic addresses and hosts file for private addresses

checked name resolution in both cases, worked fine. One time I made a mistake and in this case the vipca log file shows a name resolution error. After correcting my mistake this error message was gone and my original error message came back.

> Check out Jeffrey Hunter's 10g rac articles at www.idevelopment.info
> even though they are written for Linux ( Centos 4.2 ) there are a lot
> of good pieces of info in there that could be helpful.

thanks for the info, I will do so!

> Are you working from the oracle installation guide for RAC on windows?
There are several guide within the 10g documentation, for example the "Clusterware and RAC Administration and Deployment Guide.pdf" or "Real Application Clusters Quick Installation Guide for Oracle Database Standard Edition for Windows.pdf" and so on. I did the installation steps according to this guides.

Bye, Frank Received on Tue Dec 20 2005 - 11:35:49 CST