Oracle 10.2 R2 cluster ready software VIP problem

From: <f.nospamlangner_at_isam-ag.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:01:49 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to install CRS on a 2-node-cluster consisting of HP servers and HP FC SAN, on Windows 2003 Standard.

Network interfaces are configured like described at the RAC documentation (one public, one private interface; different subnets, interface order is correct, name resolution is correct).

Every time I try to install CRS it stops at the "configuration assistants" page, on the "Virtual Private IP Configuration Assistant", because this assistant terminates with an error.

Launching the batch command (vipca.bat) manually shows this error:

  The given interface(s), "public" is not public. Public interfaces   should be used to configure virtual IPs.

This is wrong, as I said the OUI which interface should be private or public, and oifcfg show that this selection has been accepted:

  "oifcfg.exe getif -global" shows:

  public 192.168.5.0 global public
  private 10.0.0.0 global cluster_interconnect

Am I doing something wrong, is there a bug in OUI?? How can I tell vipca.bat to accept the interfaces and get CRS installed?

Thanks in advance,

Bye, Frank Received on Tue Dec 20 2005 - 08:01:49 CST