Re: raid level

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 19 Dec 2005 17:09:49 -0800

Agree with Mladen on this, even if he is being sarcastic or despairing.  I've seen plenty of places that can limp on for a long time trying to eek out the last little bit of performance, when just throwing hardware at it allows the trade off of getting some new functionality developed.  The budgets often come from different places, from the bean-counting point of view. Once all bottlenecks have been addressed, there's not much a DBA can do, anyways.

I think we may all agree this isn't the way it should be done. It is not a sign of lack of technical skill (you're trying to prove a negative there, Daniel), but rather a sign of pragmatism. And if it works, so much the better.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Geowanking?