Re: Reorder columns?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 19 Dec 2005 16:38:33 -0800

I once stayed up 24 hours straight rebuilding a database, only to have the developers complain that it broke their apps because the apps were dependent on column order. I was amazed that a large Oracle shop could wind up with this situation, as it is so basic.

It's real important to understand that the order of columns returned is not guaranteed unless you specify it.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Guess I'll just take my packet switch and go home.