Re: Oracle 10.2 R2 cluster ready software installation problem

From: <f.nospamlangner_at_isam-ag.de>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:29:50 +0100

hpuxrac wrote:
> A couple of ways ...
>
> 1) Re-install from the os level on up.
>
> 2) Remove the oracle install completely and start over. In some cases
> with windows you may have to rip out left over directories and/or
> registry keys.

Maybe I didn't make it clear on my first posting: I already did this.

I restored the hard disk image of the servers, where no oracle installation has taken place. With this image restore there are no traces of oracle left on the local hard disk.

I dropped the RAID drive of the SAN and created a new empty drive.

And this is why I can not understand how Oracle still remembers the ocrcfg location. It seems that Oracle stores it at some kind of hidden place or maybe the SAN does not erase the information completely (on dropping the RAID drive)?!

Bye, Frank Received on Mon Dec 19 2005 - 10:29:50 CST