Re: 10gR2 64-bit On Solaris Operating System x86-64

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 19 Dec 2005 07:51:53 -0800

It will probably work to some degree when it is released ( ie ... eventually ).

I wouldn't hold your breath for December though ... or January.

If you just want a play or test environment then maybe it would be fine.

For production though I dunno ... seeing as how far back from the "mid summer" release of 10.2 on ( some of the other platforms ) ... I have 2 questions.

  1. How committed is oracle actually to this platform and delivering it along with maintenance for this platform on a timely basis?

That's a question everyone may have to answer for themselves but should factor into any decisions.

2) If you do have a problem with it running in production how much tolerance for work arounds versus actual working bug fixes can you tolerate Received on Mon Dec 19 2005 - 09:51:53 CST