Oracle 10.2 R2 cluster ready software installation problem

From: <f.nospamlangner_at_isam-ag.de>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 22:54:42 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to install Oracle 10.2 R2 for Windows (SE) on a 2-node- cluster with an HP SAN. The SAN is configured with one extended partition and three logical drives (24 MB for voting, 102MB for cluster registry and approx. 350GB for data). Everything prepared as described in the documentation (with one exception, I don't use any DNS server, just the local "hosts" files).

The universal installer works fine until it reaches the page "cluster configuration storage". On this page, it shows only the first and third SAN drive, not the second one. Looking inside the log file, it shows that the installer somehow decides that the second drive is already used for a cluster registry; or it remembers this from a previos installation attempt (my first installation attempt went wrong within the checks which are performed later on, so I had to start again):

INFO: Query Returned:
INFO: Setting variable 'sl_Drives' to

'B:,G:,H:,I:,J:,K:,L:,M:,N:,O:,P:,Q:,R:,S:,T:,U:,V:,W:,X:,Y:,Z:'. Received the value from a code block.
INFO: Calling Query ClusterPreinstQueries1.2.1 getPartitionInfo INFO: Query Returned: ,0,1,24,ocrcfg,0,2,102,,0,3,347179

The problem is, I found no way to get rid of this "ocrcfg"! I've already restored both servers from image files (from before my first installation attempt) and cleared the SAN drive, but the "ocrcfg" is still there.

Can anybody give me a clue where OUI stores the information about the ocrcfg or how it decides that the second drive should already be an ocrcfg? Is there any way to clear this information or override the detection made by OUI?

Thanks in advance,

Frank Received on Sat Dec 17 2005 - 15:54:42 CST