Re: PHP5 and Oracle 10g

From: PHPguy <PHP_at_donemailme.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:31:03 -0500

Moritz Klein wrote:
> PHPguy schrieb:
>

>>I am having serious issues with PHP5/Apache on Solaris 10 (sparc) with
>>Oracle 10.2.0.1.0 Enterprise.
>>
>>I can't connect to it using PHP and get the following:
>>
>>Warning: ociplogon() [function.ociplogon]: _oci_open_server: Error while
>>trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12170

> Typically I had this one happening when the ORACLE_HOME was not set inside the
> Apache-Environment. Look up what phpinfo() tells you and especially search for
> the environment-variable ORACLE_HOME.

phpinfo does have ORACLE_HOME set

oci8

OCI8 Support 	enabled
Revision 	$Revision: 1.269.2.3 $
Active Persistent Links 	0
Active Links 	0
Oracle Version 	10.1
Compile-time ORACLE_HOME 	/u01/app/oracle/product/primary
Libraries Used 	no value
Temporary Lob support 	enabled
Collections support 	enabled

Under Environment:
ORACLE_HOME 	/u01/app/oracle/product/primary

>>Sqlplus and Tnsping work fine.

> Do they work, issued as user apache (or whatever Apache is running under)?

Apache runs under root and sqlplus and tnsping work fine issued as root