Re: JPMorgan Chase to strengthen offshoring to India

From: Dave Vandervies <dj3vande_at_csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 19:34:58 +0000 (UTC)

[Followups trimmed to comp.programming]

In article <dnnfon$lah$1_at_nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>, Richard Heathfield <invalid_at_invalid.invalid> wrote:
>Howard Brazee said:

>> That's one of the places where slide rule training helps. You can't
>> do anything with a slide rule without being able to guess the proper
>> order of magnitude of the answer.
>
>Well, oddly enough, I did actually learn how to use a slide rule at school.
>I had a really nice one in a tough blue plastic case. (I wonder what
>happened to it?)

Here's a replacement:
http://www.eskimo.com/~dj3vande/sliderule.zip

ObProgramming: This definitely has Much Room For Improvement, and probably has a few of the things it does do done The Wrong Way. Comments are welcome.
(This is part of figuring out how to do Windows user interfaces for my day job, so figuring out how to do things The Right Way with nifty toys like this will prevent future generations of maintenance programmers from cursing my name. Well, at least reduce it a little bit. At least, that's the theory.)

dave

--
Dave Vandervies                            dj3vande_at_csclub.uwaterloo.ca
[S]o don't do it if you want predictable results. This is not religion: