Re: dbms_output from dbms_jobs procedures >> DAMORGAN: did you post something about a leak?

From: <redrobot5050_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Dec 2005 11:15:36 -0800

Mark,

I remember when I worked on a contracting job and the client had not upgraded from Oracle 8i's initial release, and yes, there was some kind of leak with the PGA. I know our procedures triggered it, regardless of whether or not server input was on. (We, however, did insert errors into a debugging table for safe keeping)

They did patch it, and it only affected people running unpactched versions of 8i. So I hope nothing of the sort would affect anyone running a more modern version of Oracle.

--CW Received on Thu Dec 15 2005 - 13:15:36 CST