Re: Converting from Long to Lob..

From: SL <sebastien-louchart_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: 15 Dec 2005 04:54:33 -0800

>Thanks SL!

You're welcome.

>we are no oracle 9.2.0.6. App. is on Java, and also .net (for report!)
>, and coldfusion.

LOB are correctly handled by 9.2 releases as long as they are from client environments you're listing (Java & dotnet) For Coldfusion I dunno.

>So Yes the dba was right in saying that the app. will need to be
>changed..

You should always listen to DBAs especially when they're skilled and have ground-experience ;)
Carefully plan with him (or her) the switch from LONG to LOB because not only LOBs bring issues with client app but also with DB design (storage, access path and so on).

--
SL