Converting from Long to Lob..

From: nirav <shivam71_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Dec 2005 02:23:24 -0800

Hi,

We have many columns defined as LONG in our data model , and reading from manual, I suggested that these long columns should be converted to LOBs . However they said that this may need a change in the application and so they did not accept the idea...so the question is ..does this change in datatype require a change in the application?

Also why oracle still continues to use long in its data dictionary tables? should it not follow its own advice? in data dictionary there are perhaps more than 100 tables with long data type..should they not be of LOB datatype?

shall be thankful for ur help..

Nirav Received on Thu Dec 15 2005 - 04:23:24 CST