Re: Standby Server requirements in 10G

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 14 Dec 2005 15:24:29 -0800

Honest Opinion wrote:

>I've been using this NG since 1994 and things were much more pleasant
>back then. If you asked a question you could expect an answer, not a
>reponse laced with vitriol. But as long as Sybrand is here, you have to
>expect that.

"Find messages by this author" on google groups shows something different about you.

LOL! BGT, you have to have EE to run Data Guard, not the other way around. But like Peter said, you can still run a standby manually.

Peter wrote:

>Hey Barry,
>You can still run Data Guard in managed recovery mode by transferring logs manually
>and having some job regularly recover the database .. even in 10g.

Wouldn't that be "not managed recovery mode," or manual mode, by definition? Since you seem to know about manual mode later in your post, I'm wondering if this is just a typo or if there is a feature I don't know about.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Did anyone think to ask what is _next to_ Golfland?